Britt's Place

Just a place for me to work Ex out of my system.

Monday, November 8

The Ex Update

I had no idea it had been so long since I posted. This last week was chock full o' stuff, and the energy and urge to post got directed to other things.

The most important event of the week...no, not Bush winning again. I don't even want to dwell on that sad reality....was that I moved into my new apartment. It happened on Saturday. I had to beg and borrow, but I got out of Ex's house. I actually finished packing on Friday afternoon and was really blue. It didn't help that John Mayer's "Split Screen Sadness" was playing as I did my last walk-through. I could actually believe that I was leaving the place where I thought I was going to spend my life, at least metaphorically.

The next morning Ex helped me move my stuff downstairs to save money and watched me drive away. I started to tear up, but stopped as soon as he said, "There's no need to cry. I'm going to see you later." No need to cry? It just reminded me once again how emotionally crippled he is.

He did actually see me later. Ex took the hour-plus subway ride down to my new neighborhood and became my first visitor. He bought me flowers and a smoke alarm. He said he was jealous of my apartment. He called me the next day and told me that he missed me. I still don't know what to do with that.

How do you feel, Britt? Honestly, I feel really good. I love my apartment, love my neighborhood, and love my apartment some more. I don't feel lonely at all. I have been too busy to miss him and relish the fact that this whole apartment is all for me.

Perhaps when all of my projects are done, it will hit me harder.

There are a lot more weekend adventures, but I'll put them in different posts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home