Britt's Place

Just a place for me to work Ex out of my system.

Wednesday, October 6

Feeling Good

I'm feeling really good today and it's just as important to document these moments as it is to document all the bad stuff.

There are several reasons why this is:
  1. I am officially "in contract" for the apartment I'm buying. It was a little touch-and-go for a while because the seller's representatives are lying idiots, but it's all good now. I should own my first apartment by the end of this month.
  2. I bought a new laptop earlier this month and I am slowly falling in love with it. It's light, fast, powerful has a large monitor. I hang out on it all the time.
  3. I have finally embraced iTunes. I thought that because I had a PC, it wouldn't work for me, but it's really great. I stayed up until 3:00 am last night just listening to snippets of songs that I haven't heard in years. Going through the Billboard Top 100 lists is like going back in time. I spend about 15 bucks downloading songs that only I like, playing them loud and proud. Remember Who's Johnny by El Debarge...from the movie, Short Circuit? Well, I now own it, damn it! I'm the only person in the world who gets really happy when Rod Stewart's Broken Arrow comes on the easy listening station. Now I don't have to wait! I even downloaded some old school Jessica Simpson. I felt warm listening to all that cheesy music, like being embraced. The only bad part about iTunes is that it doesn't have Jack and Diane by John Cougar Mellencamp.
  4. I came to my new job today and walked into my office, that contains a door and a window! I have never had my own office in my life. Closing the door is one of my favorite activities.

So, this feeling won't last...no feeling lasts, but I'm enjoying it today.


1 Comments:

  • At 5:20 PM, Blogger Deirdre said…

    Yay new job! I want a door. I don't even have a door to close at my apartment.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home