Britt's Place

Just a place for me to work Ex out of my system.

Thursday, October 14

In Defense of the Blog

I am not an active member of the blogging community. I read three or four specific blogs, mainly written by friends. Perhaps if I was, I would have a better sense of how to deal with this.

Lately, I've been feeling like I've had to justify this blog...to myself. Yeah, I got one comment saying that I was obsessing, but I didn't take it to heart...or did I?

I have to keep reminding myself that it's okay that this blog is here. That's it's okay to take up space with my feelings. I never use real names, I'm not forcing anyone to read this, and the reason Britt's Place exists as a place of "obsession" is so that I don't obsess about Ex in the rest of my life. This has been so extremely helpful for me. Yet I feel like I have to apologize for it, because I don't feel worthy, because I don't want to burden anyone with my "obsessing." I need to stop that.

I do believe I am moving out of a place where I need to post all the time, but my promise to me is that I will continue to post anytime I want to until I'm good and ready to shut this baby down.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:28 PM, Blogger Bery said…

    Hey!

    I just found this blog a few days ago and I have been rading it since. I just wanted to tell you that I felt a pain in my chest reading how you got hurt cause all of us in some point of our lives have experienced maybe the same thing and will be sad to find one day that your blog isn't here any more, well if it happens i will be cause you are all good, but it would be nice to continue reading about you as if it were a journal and besides; it's therapeutic (did I spell it right?). Receive a big hug from this stranger who supports you and encourages you to go on, cry all you have to cry, feel all the pain you need to feel cause that's the only way you will feel better and go through this succesfully, no sooner nor later just when it has to happen, when you empty your heart from pain. You have the right to feel bad!!!!
    Supportively,
    Brenda Rodriguez
    Juarez,Chihuahua Mexico

     

Post a Comment

<< Home